What we do
Join us and help make our vision a reality
As a charity, we work in a person-centred way with people of all ages who may need support to achieve a good life for themselves.
Our staff enable people to feel in control of their own lives.
We provide them with the emotional support to get through the tough times, and provide all the information and help they need to work out their own solutions.
All of our staff are carefully recruited to ensure that our members get the very best from our services:
- My Life Support – helping people to plan their care and support, manage their money, and recruit and manage Personal Assistants.
- Day Opportunities – providing a wide range of meaningful person-centred activities for all ages and abilities, including people with special educational needs and disabilities.
- My Life Learning – our Ofsted registered specialist further education college provides a bespoke and exciting curriculum for people aged 16-25 years with additional needs.
- Advocacy – providing Independent Care Act Advocacy to eligible people who live in the Wigan borough.
- Stable Door Café – our café, based on our Standish site, is open to the public and serves delicious homemade dishes, cakes and sweet treats, all made from locally sourced ingredients.
We also organise holiday clubs and exciting events for the whole community, including summer fairs, comedy nights and spooky Halloween evenings.