Why choose My Life Support?
My Life Support is a service grown from the charity My Life, a community of ordinary people.
Each of us has had direct experience of struggle, either directly for ourselves or through someone we care about.
Whether through poverty, disability, or lack of educational opportunities, very often we have struggled to contribute and be part of mainstream society, discover our true identity and how we can live a good life on our own terms.
Because of this, we understand the challenges faced by people with disabilities and health conditions and their families.
How can we help you?
We provide a personalised service that fits around you, so there’s no ‘one size fits all’ approach.
You can pick and choose from different services, depending on how much support you need.
Our services cover the two main areas below.
- Helping you decide the best way to manage your personal budget
- Writing your care and support plan, getting this approved by the council or NHS
- Finding you the right service or staff, including help recruiting and employing personal assistants
- Providing tools to help you manage your staff (if you want to manage them yourself)
- Employing staff for you, if you do not want to be an employer
- Helping you get more involved in the local community and social activities
- Support to get a job or to continue in your current job
- Finding a home or making sure your current home is suitable
- Finances and ensuring you are getting the benefits you are entitled to
- Producing a plan for the future, looking at finances, wills and trusts and what needs to be in place if you are no longer here for your loved one
Making sure everything is running smoothly
- Managing your staff, rotas and payroll, pension payments, sickness, holidays and training requirements
- Providing holiday, sickness, maternity/paternity cover for your staff
- Managing your personal budget, making sure payments are made on time, providing reports for the council and NHS
- Organising and providing respite or emergency care
- Organising holidays and outings for people with complex accessibility or care requirements
- Holding regular reviews of your care and support including ‘spot checks’ making sure everything is working well and making any changes needed
Giving you peace of mind
Our aim is to provide you with peace of mind whilst making sure you or your loved one has the quality of life you or they deserve.
We want to help people to be as independent as possible and support them to have the skills and confidence to manage their own care and support if they want to.
Our team of staff have many years’ experience in helping people to get the care and support they need to live a good life.
We can help you too.