What We Do
Our base at Harlor House in Standish is open from 9am to 5pm, five days a week, throughout the year. Our rolling programme of sessions led by experienced tutors are work-based opportunities and micro-enterprises which take place both at Harlor House and in the community under supervision and with support.
No previous experience or ability is necessary; you can try whatever you think suits you, or try something completely new! The aim is that you learn new skills, increase your confidence and transfer those skills into your community through work roles, volunteering or even your own enterprises.
Our programme includes…
- Bicycle maintenance and repair
- Hospitality roles
- Estate and Facilities Management and maintenance
- Uniform upcycling/retail sales
- Craft and design including woodworking, metalworking, furniture upcycling
- E-Commerce, inventory management and retail
- Gardening services and site maintenance
- Reception and admin roles
This is not an exhaustive list by any means; if you have an idea for a work-based role or micro-enterprise which you would like to see My Life Works offer, let us know. Somebody came to My Life Works interested in candle-making; we secured the equipment necessary to produce candles at scale and now he’s off making candles for the Christmas market!