A classic in its own right, in our minds, lemon drizzle cake is the king of the cakes!
Make your very own lemon drizzle cake at home, with this delicious recipe.
- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 lemons
- 150g granulated sugar for the drizzle
- 4 eggs
Please note that the allergens for this recipe are flour, eggs and milk.
- Heat the oven to 160c
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until it is smooth and creamy
- Slowly mixing, start to add one egg at a time
- Finely grate the lemons and add to the mix
- Sift the flour and baking powder in and slowly fold all the mixture together
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper
- Carefully spoon the mixture in, trying not to get it around the edges
- Bake for 45 minutes or until you can push a skewer into the middle and it comes out clean
- Juice the two lemons and mix with the granulated sugar, stirring until it dissolves
- Prick holes in the warm cake with a skewer
- Pour the lemon and sugar drizzle mix all over
- Leave to cool